ON THE SHOW TODAY:
- Matt Rudy, Golf Digest (4:20)
- Ken Silverstein, Big Ten reporter (5:05)
- David Kaplan - WGN Radio (4:40)
- NBA Draft - Who's going, who's staying
- Masters golf: Can Tiger take home green jacket #5?
- Chicagoland sports scene with Kappy - Marmol gets the win for the Cubs
- College Hoops reaction - do they need to do something with the officials?
By Joe Quinn - @joequinnshow
NHL - Sidney Crosby told reporters yesterday he's "feeling better" since taking a puck to the face last week during a game (I can only imagine - sounds like the most awful experience ever). He claims he never saw the shot coming, but felt it, which I totally believe.
There's no doubt Sid the Kid is one of the most talented players in the league, but his legacy will depend upon him staying healthy for long stretches. The concussion issues aside, this was more of a freak accident than a player that wasn't in shape, etc.
A video of the shot:
And of Crosby talking to reporters yesterday:
Needless to say, Sid the Kid is light a few teeth after that one. OUCH!